Hospitality Specialist, the one-year technical diploma at Madison College, is designed to help you obtain skills needed to begin or continue your career in the expansive hospitality industry. Hospitality includes careers in tourism, hotels and resorts, gaming establishments, event services, restaurants, bakeries, catering services, health care facilities, and schools.
The Hospitality Specialist program incorporates comprehensive hands-on learning experiences that will prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities in hospitality. You will hone your customer service and communication skills and learn about industry trends, marketing, business, accounting fundamentals, social media, meeting management, and law.
After completing the Hospitality Specialist diploma, you have the opportunity to further your education and expand your career potential by enrolling in our Hospitality Management associate degree program.
Students in the Hospitality Specialist technical program can attend part-time or full-time, online or in person. Connect with us on Facebook!
- Madison – Truax
After completing the Hospitality Specialist Technical program at Madison Area Technical College, examples of opportunities for your career starting point include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Bar or Restaurant Supervisor
- Casino Supervisor
- Catering Assistant
- Convention Services Specialist
- Front Office Manager
- Guest Services Coordinator
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Housekeeping Leader
- Meeting or Event Coordinator
- Reservation Specialist
- Operations Specialist
- Sales Manager
- Spa Manager
- Special Event Coordinator
- Tour Guide
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond Semester
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Note: It is recommended to only apply for a semester that has already started if you are currently enrolled in classes or you have verified that classes are still available for that semester.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2024
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is July 15, 2024
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is November 15, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended and indicate one of the following:
- High school (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher, or
- At least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4-point scale
- The credits must be completed at a single college and cannot be combined with other transcripts
- Any transfer credit listed on a transcript does not count toward the 30-credit minimum
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Interested in hospitality – but not sure which area is most appealing? This program lets you explore every facet.
100% of our recent graduates report they are satisfied with their Madison College education.
92% job placement within six months of graduation.
Flexible Learning Options
Online & In-Person
Live out of state? Attend online classes with no out-of-state tuition.
Program Number: 311094
Area of Study:
Culinary, Hospitality and Fitness
Some Online/Some In Person
Estimated Time to Complete:
33 Credits | Finish diploma in 1 year
Ready to get started?
Your first step is to apply to Madison College. It's easy and free to apply, so get started today!