Estimated Program Cost
An IT-Service Desk Apprentice is responsible for fielding incoming technical support communications and tickets, troubleshooting issues, communicating over the phone, email, chat, resolving help inquiries.
- 1 years (12 months of not less than 2144 hours)
- 144 hours over 12 months
- Transition-to-Trainer Course in the final year of the apprenticeship
Learn more from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
IT-Service Desk Apprenticeship courses may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Madison College IT-Service Desk Apprenticeship graduates are prepared to:
- Computer Support Technician
- Service Desk Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Help Desk Specialist
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond Semester
How to Apply
IT-Service Desk Apprentice applicants must find an apprenticeship with a sponsoring employer on their own (similar to looking for a job). Once the applicant has found a position, the employer starts the apprenticeship registration process by contacting a Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards (BAS) Representative for their county.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalency
- Have a valid government-issued photo identification
Minimum Qualifications for Companies:
- Must have been in business for one year.
Graduates of the IT-Service Desk Apprenticeship are prepared to:
- Process incoming customer contact (call/ticket/chat)
- Triage the issue
- Communicate triage results with customer
- Solve the issue
- Escalate the issue
- Follow-up with issue