Madison College's Intensive Post-baccalaureate Biotechnology Certificate offers hands-on training for professionals who have a bachelor's degree and want to learn biotechnology skills needed to be successful in the job market.
To enroll in the Intensive Post-baccalaureate Biotechnology Certificate, you must have a bachelor’s degree with a background in biology and chemistry. Knowledge of genetics and microbiology is helpful.
Courses are developed with local industry advice and are taught in fully equipped laboratories that allow you access to the supplies and equipment used in the industry. Coursework is group-oriented and project-based. You will:
- Learn about the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) current good manufacturing practice (cGMP).
- Practice documentation.
- Work with advanced instrumentation.
- Introduce genes into bacteria.
- Perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
- Purify proteins.
- Work with mammalian cell culture.
- Learn about the biotechnology industry.
Courses must be completed in one semester. This program is offered in Fall semesters only.
Classes meet Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (On Tuesday classes meet from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Students in the Biotech Post-baccalaureate Intensive Certificate must attend full time.
Biotech Post-baccalaureate Intensive Certificate classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses: