The Basic Industrial Fluid Power Embedded Technical Diploma provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely assist mechanics in repairing, overhauling, installing, testing and inspecting pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Assist in performing preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment, building and grounds. As a student in the Basic Industrial Fluid Power Embedded Technical Diploma, you will:
- Gain an understanding of basic pneumatic and hydraulic principles.
- Identify fluid power components and symbols.
- Understand fluid power terminology.
- Apply math to calculate fluid power equations pertinent to the maintenance field.
- Understand safety standards for industry as outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and receive an OSHA 10 card, an industry recognized credential.
- Interpret engineering drawings.
- Enhance industry recognized soft skills such communication and teamwork.
The Basic Industrial Fluid Power Embedded Technical Diploma will put you on a career pathway that leads into the one year Industrial Maintenance Mechanic program and the two year Industrial Maintenance Technician Program.
Basic Industrial Fluid Power classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
Explore financial aid eligibility for Basic Industrial Fluid Power.