YOUR ADVANTAGES AT MADISON COLLEGE
• Madison College is recognized as a leader in renewable energy and has received multiple grant awards, including over $4 million in support from the National Science Foundation over the past decade.
• Madison College instructors are part of a network of experts in the field, having worked with the National Science Foundation, the Department of Energy, the Department of Labor, the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the Solar Instructor Training Network and the National Alternative Fuel Training Consortium.
• Madison College serves as the lead institution for the Center for Renewable Energy Advanced Technological Education (www.CreateEnergy.org) and has helped train many other renewable energy instructors across the country.
• Madison College was one of the first schools in the nation to offer a Renewable Energy certificate and is highly regarded for several other course and curriculum innovations. Madison College students obtain a personalized learning experience with hands-on experience in courses that are intentionally kept small through limited enrollment.
• Madison College students receive instruction from renewable energy faculty whose primary responsibility and interest is teaching.
• Madison College facilities feature modern, renewable energy laboratories, tools and teaching equipment supported by an experienced professional staff.
• Many renewable energy courses are available in the evenings, in hybrid or online formats, and as short courses to allow students flexibility in scheduling around their other work and academic responsibilities.
• As of 2017, over 400 students have pursued renewable energy coursework through Madison College.
• In January of 2019, Madison College commissioned the largest rooftop solar system in the State of Wisconsin. Students in the renewable energy program are able to work with this 1.85 MegaWatt system to learn about the most recent advances in solar technology.
View the Madison College Truax Solar System Performance Display.