Web & Digital Media Design
Associate Degree in Applied Arts
In this Web & Digital Media Design program, you will acquire the design and production skills needed to work in the growing field of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. The Web & Digital Media Design program will prepare you to create responsive web pages, as well as content for many other types of applications, interactive projects and devices.
Once admitted to the Web & Digital Media Design program, you may choose to earn an additional associate degree in Visual Communications or Graphic Design with only two more semesters of study. Attend an Academic Information Session to learn how.
Students in the Web & Digital Media Design program can attend full or part-time.
Web & Digital Media Design classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Explore financial aid eligibility for this program.
Some of the courses for this program may be available online.
- View the admission requirements for application deadlines, materials and requirements.
- Attend an Academic Information Session to get started in the admission process.
- Visit MATC to learn more about the Madison College experience, including campus tours and program open houses.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at MATC.
Contact the Enrollment Center at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or (608) 246-6210.
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2019-2020 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current program students (including newly admitted), go directly to your Degree Progress Report (also referred to as an Advising Report or Academic Requirements) to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your report, please see Advising Services.10-801-1953 credits10-804-1233 credits10-201-1023 credits10-201-1033 credits10-201-1362 credits10-201-1371 credits10-201-1813 credits10-809-1993 credits10-201-1122 credits10-201-1513 credits10-201-1633 credits10-201-1773 credits10-201-1983 credits10-801-1963 credits10-201-1213 credits10-201-1563 credits10-201-1573 credits10-201-1953 credits10-206-1292 credits10-809-1973 credits10-201-1582 credits10-201-1622 credits10-201-1783 credits10-201-1893 creditsElective3 credits10-152-1193 credits10-201-1532 credits10-201-1832 credits10-201-1842 credits
After completing the Web & Digital Media Design program at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of design to develop strategic marketing and communication products and services.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of design software, tools and technology.
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion using a formal process.
- Apply effective legal and ethical business practices and project management skills.
- Communicate artwork rationale in formal and informal settings.
Madison College associate degree graduates are ready for a range of professional positions in the field of Web & Digital Media Design including:
- Front End Web Developer
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Visual Designer
- UX Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Information Architect
- Web Assistant
Estimated Program Cost
# of Credits for Completion68Tuition$9282.00Materials/Supplemental Costs$1144.32Other Costs$350.00Total Estimated Program Costs:
(book costs not included)$10776.32