As a CNC Setup Technician student, you will:
- Gain skill sets that prepare you for careers in Computer Numerical Control (CNC) operation and CNC programming.
- Learn Basic Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM).
- Acquire skills in basic machining such as milling, manual lathes, and drill presses.
- Learn blueprint reading, measurement, quality control, precision, and repair machining.
- Gain knowledge and skills necessary to build and inspect machined parts.
- Get hands-on training in a high-tech work environment.
- Practice problem solve, team work, math, communication, and computers.
- Prepares students for employment in the machining and metalworking industries.
- Build skills needed to become a skilled craftsman.
Students in Madison College's CNC Setup Technician program can attend full or part time.
CNC Setup Technician classes may be offered at this Madison College campus:
- Madison - Truax
CNC Setup Technician degree graduates are ready for a range of professional positions in the field of CNC including:
- CNC Machinist
- Machine Operator
- CNC Operator
- CNC Setup Technician
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First Semester10-606-2002 credits32-420-3224 credits32-420-3235 credits32-420-3462 credits32-420-3512 credits32-420-7112 creditsSecond Semester32-420-3372 credits32-420-3482 credits32-420-3902 credits
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is August 31, 2023
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is January 15, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Students must submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing completion of an associate degree or higher
- Note: Effective with the 2023-2024 year, this may be fulfilled with at least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Contact the Enrollment Center at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or 608.246.6210.
Apply to Madison College and take the first step towards your CNC Setup Technician career.
After completing the CNC Setup Technician program at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Apply basic safety practices in the machine shop
- Interpret industrial/engineering drawings
- Apply precision measuring methods to part inspection
- Perform basic machine tool equipment set-up and operation
- Perform programming, set-up and operation of CNC Machine Tools
Madison Truax Campus
Main Building, A2105
1701 Wright Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
Se habla Español.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm phone or email only