Ready to Learn More?
If you’d like to learn more about the Quality Control Technology program, we’d love to talk with you. We’re here to answer any questions and guide you through our application process step-by-step. Send us your contact information, and we’ll help you get started right away!
The Quality Control Technology program is designed to prepare and train learners as a manufacturing leader in Quality Control. Methods such as 5S, Lean and Six Sigma are emphasized to reduce waste, improve operations, reduce costs by minimizing resource use, and streamline business processes. Graduates of the program will be prepared for of the ASQ® Certified Quality Inspector examination. Potential occupations include: Inspector, Quality Assurance Auditor, Quality Assurance Inspector, Quality Assurance Technician, Quality Auditor, Quality Control Inspector and Quality Control Technician.
Students in Madison College's Quality Control Technology program can attend full- or part-time.
Quality Control classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Commercial Avenue
Careers in Quality Control
Earning your One-Year Technical Diploma in Quality Manufacturing Technology program at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as:
- Quality Assurance Auditor
- Quality Assurance Inspector
- Quality Assurance Technician
- Quality Auditor
- Quality Control Inspector
- Quality Control Technician
Find open jobs in this industry on Handshake
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First Semester10-606-1003 credits10-606-1201 credit10-606-1301 credit10-606-1602 credits10-606-1642 credits10-801-1953 credits10-804-1142 creditsSecond Semester
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is January 15, 2024
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is August 31, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended and indicate one of the following:
- High school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher, or
- At least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4-point scale
- The credits must be completed at a single college and cannot be combined with other transcripts
- Any transfer credit listed on a transcript does not count toward the 30-credit minimum
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Madsion College Quality Control Technology program graduates are prepared to:
- Perform Inspections
- Analyze Results
- Maintain equipment and instruments
- Create a quality plan
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment