There’s so much to know.
Learn planning, operations, and marketing with us.
The Small Business Entrepreneurship program at Madison College will teach you the principles of planning and operating a small business.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Small business appraisal and opportunities
- Writing business and marketing plans
- Business and nonbusiness selling presentations
- Social media campaigns
- How to find success utilizing an entrepreneurial mindset
- Successful management and operations techniques
- Legal principles in the business world
See what Madison College can do to help you start your own business.
We support budding entrepreneurs annually at the Madison College Challenge business plan competition. All Madison College students interested in starting their own small business are encouraged to enter. Finalists have a chance to win a cash prize micro-investment, as well as many other great prizes that will help you develop a successful small business.
Students in the Small Business Entrepreneurship program can attend full or part-time.
Small Business Entrepreneurship classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Graduates of the Small Business Entrepreneurship program are ready for a range of professional positions, including:
- Small Business Owner/Manager
- Department Manager
- Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
Note: Small Business Entrepreneurship is an Associate Degree program. If you are looking for the Technical Diploma program, please find the Entrepreneurship program in the related programs menu at the bottom of this page.
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond SemesterThird Semester10-145-1023 credits10-145-1082 credits10-145-1311 credit10-145-1321 credit10-145-1331 credit10-801-1983 credits10-809-1993 creditsFourth Semester
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Note: It is recommended to only apply for a semester that has already started if you are currently enrolled in classes or you have verified that classes are still available for that semester.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2023
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is July 15, 2023
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is November 15, 2023
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Students must submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing completion of an associate degree or higher
- Note: Effective with the 2023-2024 year, this may be fulfilled with at least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Small Business Entrepreneurship program at Madison College, you will be able to:
- Create a fluid and dynamic business plan.
- Manage the financial resources and systems of a small business.
- Establish and maintain efficient business operations.
- Use marketing strategies that are appropriate to the size and nature of your business.
- Analyze, evaluate and act on creative ideas to grow the business.
- Develop a professional network to create business opportunities.
- Manage and motivate your employees.
- Build and maintain strong client relations.
- Identify and incorporate appropriate technology for business.