Estimated Program Cost
The Supervision certificate at Madison College will provide you with the skills needed for entry-level supervision and management positions. You will learn about business operations, effective communication, how to effectively manage others, and human resource management.
Supervision is on a career pathway that includes the Management Trainee technical diploma and Business Management associate degree. Each will prepare you for a successful business career and provide you with transfer options to earn a bachelor's degree. Select a delivery mode and course schedule that fits your learning style and schedule.
Students in the Supervision certificate can attend full or part-time.
You may take Supervision courses online, online-live, or on campus. Classes are offered in 8 or 16-week sessions.
Supervision classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Other regional locations- check the course catalog for up-to-date offerings
Once you have completed your certificate in Supervision at Madison College you will be ready for a range of professions including:
- Manager Associate
- Management Trainee
- Process Supervisor
- Team Lead
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2024
Fall Application Dates
- Application available on February 1, 2024
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2024
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Once you complete your certificate in Supervision you will have:
- an understanding of business operations.
- developed, practiced, and applied business and managerial skills.
- an understanding of the importance of human resource management and the responsibilities of a manager related to human resources.
- learned how to manage difficult and crucial conversations in the workplace with both internal and external stakeholders.
- developed an understanding as well as tactics to flex your social style to effectively communicate and manage.
- developed an understanding and tactics to communicate without bias.
- know how to model professionalism in the workplace.
- an understanding on how to apply technology skills to improve collaborative communication.