Madison College's Biotechnology Post-Baccalaureate Traditional Certificate offers hands-on training needed to be successful in today's biotech job market.
Courses stress the workplace skills and biotechnology techniques valued by biotech industry partners. In addition to practicing work-place communication, you can develop technical skills in:
- Introducing genes into bacteria
- Performing PCR
- Purifying proteins
- Working with mammalian cell culture
- Learning about bioinformatics
All of our courses are taught in fully equipped laboratories that allow you access to the supplies and equipment used in industry.
The Biotechnology Post-Baccalaureate Certificate is designed to be:
- Flexible: Finish in as little as one semester or take courses over several years. Contact us to help you design a plan that fits your needs and lifestyle.
- Individualized: Choose courses that focus on a single area or create a program that gives you broad training.
Biotech Post-baccalaureate students vary in age, experience, academic background and career goals but share the ambition to apply science to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in biology and chemistry
- Knowledge of genetics and microbiology are helpful
Students in the Biotech Post-Baccalaureate Certificate can attend full or part time.
Biotech Post-Baccalaureate certificate classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
Explore financial aid eligibility for Biotechnology Post-baccalaureate.