Construction and Remodeling program students at Madison College come from all walks of life, but they all share an interest in learning the most current construction techniques for completing projects small to large, rough to refined. After completing the Construction and Remodeling program, graduates go on to employment in all areas of the construction industry, from commercial to residential, new construction to remodeling.
As a Construction and Remodeling student, you will
- Learn hands-on how to complete a project from prints and specifications.
- Understand site preparation, layout and foundations.
- Practice framing floors, walls, ceilings and roofs and related carpentry tasks.
- Install shingles, windows, doors, stairs, exterior trim, siding, cabinets and interior trim.
- Gain experience working in all phases of home construction including estimating materials, understanding building codes and maintaining tools and equipment.
- Prepare for a career in residential construction or remodeling.
Construction & Remodeling is on a career pathway that includes this one-year technical diploma, a one-year version and an apprenticeship. All will prepare you for a good job. Learn at your own pace and increase your earning potential with credentials that keep you moving on your career path.
Students in the Construction and Remodeling program can attend full or part time.
Construction and Remodeling Program classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses: