Madison College is one of the top five diesel schools in the nation, according to SkillsUSA. MATC's Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician program works with an active advisory committee made up of over 30 local industry businesses, with industry partners throughout Wisconsin. Students who choose the Associate Degree Path (AAS) will put in 432 hours of work as a PAID intern with one of our industry partners, gaining more hands-on, real-world experience and receiving a jumpstart on an excellent career.
Students in Madison College's Diesel program learn real and relevant curriculum that meets and exceeds standards set by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) and Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
The Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician program is certified by NATEF/ASE and holds master certification in medium/heavy duty trucks.
As a student in the Diesel program, you will diagnose, service and repair:
- Engines and heavy-duty fuel systems
- After treatment and emissions systems
- Transmissions, drivelines and brakes
- Steering and suspension systems
- Electrical and electronic systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Air conditioning and transport refrigeration systems
You will also:
- Learn workplace safety standards.
- Develop relationships with industry partners.
- Perform preventive maintenance on major diesel systems.
- Learn effective customer service skills for the diesel industry.
- Work on diesel trucks in simulated shop environments.
Students in the Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician program can attend full time.
Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician program classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
Explore financial aid eligibility for Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician.
Gainful Employment Disclosure - 2019
- This program is designed to be completed in 64 weeks.
- This program will cost $8,291.96 if completed within normal time.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $0 of debt.
- Program does not meet licensure requirements in the following States: Wisconsin
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/