Estimated Program Cost
The Business Communication certificate at Madison College focuses on written and oral communication skills. Your studies will include:
- Concise business writing and speaking
- Managing difficult conversation and negotiations
- Coaching and Performance reviews
- Learning software like Outlook, Word, and One Note
- Video conferencing
- How to collaborate on shared documents
Students in the Business Communication certificate can attend full or part-time.
You may take Business Communication courses online, online-live, or on campus. Classes are offered in 8 or 16-week sessions.
Business Communication classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Other regional locations- check the course catalog for up-to-date offerings
Completing your certificate in Business Communication will help you prepare for valuable work as a team lead or in customer service.
With additional education and experience you may find work as a:
- Manager Associate
- Operational Manager
- Management Trainee
- Process Supervisor
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2024
Fall Application Dates
- Application available on February 1, 2024
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2024
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Business Communication certification at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Develop, practice, and apply business and managerial communication skills and tactics.
- Apply technology skills to improve collaborative communication.
- Manage difficult and crucial conversations in the workplace with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding and tactics to flex your social style to effectively communicate.
- Develop an understanding and tactics to communicate without bias.
- Model professionalism in the workplace.