Estimated Program Cost
The Leadership certificate at Madison College focuses on the skills you will use as a supervisor or manager. Your studies will include:
- Leading with integrity.
- Developing emotional intelligence.
- Keys to effective management: results and relationships,
- Concise business writing and speaking
- Managing difficult conversation and negotiations
- Video conferencing
Our Leadership certificate is on a career pathway that includes the Management Trainee technical diploma and Business Management associate degree. Each will prepare you for a successful business career and provide you with transfer options to earn a bachelor's degree. Select a delivery mode and course schedule that fits your learning style and schedule.
Students in the Leadership certificate can attend full or part-time.
You may take Leadership courses online, online-live, or on campus. Classes are offered in 8 or 16-week sessions.
Leadership classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Other regional locations- check the course catalog for up-to-date offerings
Completing your certificate in Leadership will help you prepare for valuable work as a:
- Process Supervisor
- Management Trainee
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond Semester
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2024
Fall Application Dates
- Application available on February 1, 2024
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2024
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Leadership certification at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Apply business, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Use your skills to optimize results.
- Manage difficult conversations in the workplace.
- Flex your social style to effectively communicate
- Communicate without bias.
- Model professionalism in the workplace.