Agricultural Equipment Technology
Associate Degree in Applied Science
The Agricultural Equipment Technology program at Madison College has been in a partnership with John Deere Tech since 1994.
- Train on John Deere equipment and solutions in the classroom, in the laboratory and at your sponsoring John Deere dealership.
- Gain work experience throughout the program in a required, paid internship at your John Deere sponsoring dealer.
- Become a certified John Deere Technician in Basic Electrical and Electronics, Basic Hydraulics and Service Advisor Diagnostic Systems.
- Develop agricultural equipment service skills for entry-level employment at agricultural equipment dealerships.
In the Agricultural Equipment Technology program, you have the opportunity to:
- Learn from experts in agricultural equipment both at the college and at your sponsoring John Deere dealership.
- Get hands-on training with advanced agricultural technology.
- Gain technical expertise in hydraulics, power trains, electronics, fuel systems, heating, air conditioning and engine service.
- Round out your professional skills with training in management, sales, math and ethics.
- Graduate from the John Deere program with an associate degree in Applied Science.
Students in the Agricultural Equipment Technology program can attend full time.
Agricultural Equipment Technology program classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Explore financial aid eligibility for Agricultural Equipment Technology.
All courses for this program are offered only in person.Agricultural Equipment Technologyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5baDmuHCMY
- View the admission requirements for application deadlines, materials, and requirements.
- Attend an Academic Information Session to get started in the admission process.
- Visit MATC to learn more about the Madison College experience including campus tours and program open houses.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at MATC.
Contact Enrollment Services at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or (608) 246-6210.
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2019-2020 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current program students (including newly admitted), go directly to your Degree Progress Report (also referred to as an Advising Report or Academic Requirements) to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your report, please see Advising Services.10-070-1765 credits10-070-1814 credits10-442-1262 credits10-801-1953 credits10-804-1073 credits10-070-1783 credits10-070-1834 credits10-070-1872 credits10-070-1932 credits10-104-1043 credits10-801-1963 credits10-070-1754 credits10-070-1501 credits10-806-1393 credits10-070-1773 credits10-070-1823 credits10-070-1843 credits10-070-1882 credits10-809-1993 credits10-070-1913 credits10-070-1953 credits10-809-1953 credits10-809-1973 credits10-070-1892 credits
MATC Agricultural Equipment Technology program graduates are prepared to:
- Practice safety procedures at all times in the workplace
- Utilize available tools to support the ability to understand, diagnose and repair problems accurately and efficiently
- Assume responsibility for continuing education in order to maintain technical skills, certification and enhance professional growth
- Demonstrate desirable professional abilities, including self-motivation, self-awareness, teamwork, flexibility, stress management, and respect for coworkers, supervisors and clients
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal communications to customers, coworkers and supervisors
- Set up and maintain components, systems and equipment to their original level of performance
- Recognize basic business operations and policies to provide effective service and contribute to dealership profitability
- Diagnose and repair various types of components, equipment and machines
Earning your associate degree in the Agricultural Equipment Technology program at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as:
- Service Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Lead Technician
- Shop Foreman
- Service Writer Coordinator
- Customer Support Representative
- Ag Equipment Salesperson
- Consumer Products Salesperson
- Service Manager
With additional education and/or work experience, graduates may find employment as:
- Ag Company Service Representative
- Ag Company Sales Representative
- Dealer Sales Manager
- Dealership Manager
- Dealership Owner/Operator
Estimated Program Cost
# of Credits for Completion70Tuition$9555.00Materials/Supplemental Costs$1793.80Other Costs$0.00Total Estimated Program Costs:
(book costs not included)$11348.80
Graduate Report Summary Overview
2016 2017 2018 Number of Program Graduates 13 9 4 Number of Surveys Sent 13 9 4 Number of Surveys Returned 7 5 3 Percent of Surveys Returned 53.80% 55.60% 75.00% Available for Employment 7 5 3 Percent Available for Employment 100.00% 100.00% 100.00% Not in Labor Market 0 0 0 Percent Not in Labor Market 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Available for Employment
2016 2017 2018 Graduates Employed 7 5 3 Percent of Graduates Employed 100.00% 100.00% 100.00% Employed in Related Occupation 7 5 3 Percent Employed in Related Occupation 100.00% 100.00% 100.00% Employed in Unrelated Occupation 0 0 0 Percent Employed in Unrelated Occupation 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Employed - No Response 0 0 0 Percent Employed - No Response 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Seeking Employment 0 0 0 Percent Seeking Employment 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Reaction To Training at Madison College
2016 2017 2018 Student satisfaction Mean (Out of 4) 3.7 3.8 3.7 Number of Satisfaction Responses 7 5 3 Very Satisfied 5 4 2 Percent Very Satisfied 71.40% 80.00% 66.70% Satisfied 2 1 1 Percent Satisfied 28.60% 20.00% 33.30% Unsatisfied 0 0 0 Percent Unsatisfied 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Very Unsatisfied 0 0 0 Percent Very Unsatisfied 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Primary Reason for Attending Madison College
2016 2017 2018 Number of Primary Reason Responses 7 5 3 Preparation for Getting a Job 5 2 2 Percent Preparation for Getting a Job 71.40% 40.00% 66.70% Career Change 0 0 0 Percent Career Change 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Improvement of Existing Skills 1 1 1 Percent Improvement of Existing Skills 14.30% 20.00% 33.30% Preparation for Further Education 0 0 0 Percent Preparation for Further Education 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Personal Interest 1 2 0 Percent Personal Interest 14.30% 40.00% 0.00% Other 0 0 0 Percent Other 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% When Employment was Obtained
2016 2017 2018 Number of When Employment Obtained Responses 7 5 3 Before Enrollment 4 4 3 Percent Before Enrollment 57.10% 80.00% 100.00% While Attending the College 3 0 0 Percent While Attending the College 42.90% 0.00% 0.00% After Training at the College 0 1 0 Percent After Training at the College 0.00% 20.00% 0.00% Location of Employment (related and unrelated)
2016 2017 2018 Number of Employment Location Responses 7 5 3 In College District 1 1 0 Percent In College District 14.30% 20.00% 0.00% In Wisconsin, Not in District 5 4 3 Percent of In Wisconsin 71.40% 80.00% 100.00% Outside of Wisconsin 1 0 0 Percent Outside Wisconsin 14.30% 0.00% 0.00% Employer Location Unknown 0 0 0 Percent Location Unknown 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Salary Trend Salary Trend 2016 2017 2018 Full Time Employment (Related Job) Full Time Salary Count 6 5 3 Average Monthly Wage $2,379 $2,398 $2,723 Average Hourly Wage $13.83 $13.94 $15.83 Average Work Hours per Week 44.6 55 46.7 Part Time Employment (Related Job) Part Time Salary Count Average Hourly Wage Average Work Hours per Week
Total Positions Open for academic year: 2018 Wisconsin TechConnectTM Jobs* Madison Non-Madison Number of Full Time Positions Open 5 5 Number of Part Time Positions Open 0 0 Total Jobs 5 5 Graduate Employers for academic year: 2018 Employer(s) Job Title City** State*** Positions Ballweg Implement Technician Waupun Riesterer & Schnell Agricultural Equipment Technician Campbellsport Tractor Central Service Technician Mondovi
* - Wisconsin TechConnectTM jobs are posted through a statewide consortium operated and funded by all 16 of the technical colleges in Wisconsin.
** - Only cities outside of Madison will display.
*** - Only states outside of Wisconsin will display.
**** - If you have a position to post, please contact Career and Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org