The Electrical Maintenance Embedded Technical Diploma focus provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely assist mechanics in repairing, overhauling, installing, testing and inspecting mechanical and electro mechanical equipment. Assist in performing preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment, building and grounds. As a student in the Electrical Maintenance Embedded Technical Diploma, you will:
- Learn to measure voltage, current, resistance for single and three phase direct current and alternating current (DC/AC) sources.
- Apply math to calculate electrical power equation pertinent to the maintenance field.
- Understand safety standards for industry as outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and receive an OSHA 10 card, an Industry recognized credential.
- Interpret engineering drawings.
- Enhance industry recognized soft skills such as communication and teamwork.
The Electrical Maintenance Embedded Technical Diploma is on a career pathway that leads into the one year Industrial Maintenance Mechanic program and the two year Industrial Maintenance Technician Program.
Electrical Maintenance classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
Explore financial aid eligibility for Electrical Maintenance.