Liberal Arts Transfer - Social Sciences
Students in Madison College’s Social Science Pre-major learn how to analyze human behavior and interaction from a variety of perspectives. A social sciences education teaches practical and critical thinking skills that will help students pursue related degrees and careers.
This pre-major is a good choice for students considering any of the following future majors:
- Political Science
For information please contact Dr. Angelika Gulbis (AGulbis@madisoncollege.edu)
Plan Your Path to Success!
- New students should attend an Academic Information Session
- Continuing students should view their Advisement Report
- Check how your courses transfer within the UW System
To stay up to date on your progress, be sure to view your advisement report regularly!
Students earning the Associate of Arts degree can attend full or part time.
Liberal Arts Transfer classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - Goodman South
- Madison - West
- Fort Atkinson
Explore financial aid eligibility for this program.
Some of the courses for this program may be available online.
- View the admission requirements for application deadlines, materials, and requirements.
- Attend an Advising, Application, Information & More (AAIM) Session to get started in the admission process.
- Visit MATC to learn more about the Madison College experience including campus tours and program open houses.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at MATC.
Contact Enrollment Services at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or (608) 246-6210.
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2020-2021 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current program students (including newly admitted), go directly to your Degree Progress Report (also referred to as an Advising Report or Academic Requirements) to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your report, please see Advising Services.
After completing the Liberal Arts Transfer associate of arts degree at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Use identified critical thinking skills to pose questions, process information and make decisions.
- Engage in collaborative activities in ways that contribute to the achievement of shared goals.
- Exhibit self-awareness and self-management skills necessary to succeed in increasingly challenging academic environments.
- Recognize the contributions of diverse cultures, historical periods, and art forms to the improvement of the human condition in a global society.
- Compute and analyze quantitative data using mathematical, statistical and logical methods to solve problems.
- Explore physical and social environments using scientific tools and methods.
- Communicate with varied audiences by:
- Listening actively in personal and professional relationships.
- Reading and comprehending written materials in the content areas at grade 14 level.
- Synthesizing and organizing information for diverse audiences.
- Research a question by planning and implementing an appropriate investigative strategy and synthesizing the results in an academic document.